I could totally get used to this, one award each year for the blog, we got the Liebster award in 2018, the Barnabas award in 2019 and now again, we have been nominated for The original outstanding blogger award in 2020. I am super grateful to everyone who reads and goes further to nominate Foch woman blog for these awards.
I was nominated by Funmismusings for The Original Outstanding Blogger award. I have been following Funmismusings for about 3 years now and I remember some time last year, she had a student series of which I contributed to. It has been amazing ever since. Her content is very practical, relatable and of course godly. Thanks a million for the nomination Funmi x
ANSWERS TO FUNMI’S QUESTIONS
- What would you do if someone told you they knew that what they’re doing is wrong but still continue?
I would probably persist in telling them the consequence and risk of whatever it is because them persisting in it despite knowing it is wrong is evidence that the they have not fully understood the gravity of whatever it is. So I will continue to tell them while doing the background work of prayer, at least if you won’t listen to me, you might listen to the Holy Spirit and be convicted to stop.
2. How did you utilise (or are you utilising) your single period?
I’ll be honest with you, I am not sure I had a ‘single period’ or maybe I should say I was not aware of that period, dating was not permissible in my home till 21 and by the time I was eligible, I already had a friend (now partner) who changed status as soon as it was okay for me to date/court.
I would say however that up until then, I was really sold out to God, I had reached such a satisfied place in my relationship with God that I was even scared that bringing anyone closer would mess with that. I knew/know how critical a life partner is and so I had began to talk to God early on about it and He assured me that when it was time, He will bring the person along. So frankly I was in a state of complete rest. I focused on growing spiritually, school and building meaningful friendships. It was a big deal for me that I be good friends with whoever I finally settled with so I knew that friendship would come before anything else and I was not surprised it worked out exactly like that.
Finally, we’re all still single until married right? so in this context I am still single, I am utilising it by learning more about God, learning my partner and making the most of all God has put in my hands including this blog you read at the moment.
3. How do you deal with attention or the lack of it?
One of the first things I think God weaned me from early on in my walk with Him is people-consciousness. The more aware of people I was, the more I was likely to be too careful in everything and sometimes, that could be an obstruction for the Spirit of God. Sometimes the Holy Spirit wants us to act fast and if we’re so concerned about who is watching or who is not watching, we might delay the action which could have adverse effects if we are not careful, so I deal with attention generally by dying to self daily. I remind myself daily that I live for an audience of one and that means that it is only this One person that I am looking out for their attention (which I always, always have).
With how God helps me daily, I have also had to learn to keep myself in check, to ensure pride is never crouching somewhere because when attention comes, there’s a tendency for a person to start performing for the people from who the attention comes rather than doing what they would have normally done, so I also daily ask God to help me not be hungry for the attention of people and even when it comes, to not rill in the attention but focus on the purpose and task at hand.
4. What’s the inspiration for your articles?
God. The Holy Spirit uses anything and anyone around me to teach me lessons about God. God is and will always be my inspiration.
5. What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I read a lot and listen to podcasts, I also have several responsibilities asides the blog, to my church and other personal projects, so either of these things have my time when I am not writing, and honestly, sometimes I am just resting or meditating, which always profits largely.
6. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Ou, I have so much I would have wanted to tell my younger self but I will summarise it saying focus on your own journey, don’t try to be or do what everyone else is being or doing. Listen to the Spirit of God within you and walk per instruction, per time. There is no competition or pressure.
7. How do you evaluate your growth spiritually?
By my love for God and love for people. But love for people more. If I see I am showing more patience, more kindness, more gentleness etc. It is evidence for me that growth is occurring because these are fruits of the Spirit, they are increased in us as we exercise them, so the more time I spend in Gods presence, the more I am refined and so the more ability I have to love people as God loves them and this for me is evidence of my spiritual growth.
Rules of the award
1. Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the awards’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
This award was created by https://coltonbeckwithrpc.wordpress.com/
You can find Funmi’s original post here !!
My questions for my Nominees
- If you had the power to reform one policy in the world, which would it be and why?
- What could God boast to satan about you?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where and why?
- How have you learnt to handle anger?
- What is the first lesson you would want your child to learn/or have taught your child?
- What is your favourite book of the bible and why?
- Why do you think the chicken crossed the road?
- Jesusluvsall’s Blog
- Theology of a Newfoundland Housewife
- More To Getty
- Young, Saved and Beautiful(YSB)
- Blogit with Em
Thank you so much for reading and I look forward to reading the answers to my questions from my nominated blogs.
Feel free to check out my last blog post here