Happy New year!
I know, while everyone wished you this on the first of the month, I waited till we have a taste of the 2018 that we all seemed to gush about before saying it, I hope it’s been truly a Happy one for you so far.
We’ll talk about how it’s been in the next blog post, today I’m celebrating my nomination for the Liebster Award. I was too excited and i’m happy to finally get down to acknowledging my nomination and nominating amazing prodigy’s.
First of all, I would love to thank the beautiful Mema Ojukwu who nominated me for the award. Her blog Uplift girl is the most versatile and relatable blog I have seen for really all girls from all age groups. It’s that blog that you could sign-post anyone to, irrespective of gender, religion, age or geographical location. So, Dearest Mema, Thank you.
10 Random facts about myself
- If today we somehow found out that Jesus was a myth and Christianity was all a scam, i’ll still choose to be a christian and serve the myth that Jesus is.
- I have more conversations with myself that any other human being. Like normal conversations, the way you do do with your friends.
- I don’t like lipstick! I think it makes me look animated
- I was born without eyebrows and they never grew but people never notice till I tell them
- I believe in Santa and the tooth fairy, they had major roles in my growing up
- I can live on just eating sweetcorn and sweetcorn only, i’m close to addicted.
- I have to write at least 5 lines everyday if not I feel incomplete
- My left eye sees better than my right eye, it’s the weirdest thing
- I think I believe in soul mates
- I have the worst hand writing. I’m grateful for technology
These are the questions Mema gave me and my answers
- What book would you like to take with you on the way to your dream country?
I would take Josh Kaufman’s The personal MBA
- What sentence or phrase would express how you’d like to be remembered?
“You will be fine”
- What’s the most important virtue you look for in a friend?
- If you could paint one thing what would it be?
A portrait of my mum and I
- What’s your favourite colour and why does it make the cut?
Pink. Just because it calms me
- What movie could you see over and over again?
- Write the first thing that comes to mind when you see this word: Nostalgia
- Would you call yourself a romantic?
No, sadly *giggling*
- If you could be reborn in a different country what would it be?
Spain, just because I would be able to speak Spanish
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world living or not, who would it be?
Leah (from the bible, I hate the fact that Jacob didn’t love her)
My Favourite blog unfortunately does not meet the criteria to be nominated for the Liebster award because she has over 200 followers.
But for this award, I love Uplift girl. I’ll be honest, I think I love it more because of the person behind it. She’s phenomenal. She’s someone with depth and I think it’s the most beautiful thing seeing the generation we currently are in.
I love how she writes and how diverse she is, her blog is really the go-to blog, for literally everything.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award. These blogs are fantastic one way or the other and have great content.
These are my questions for the blogs and channel I nominated
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
- What is your run-to song? (The one you’re never tired of)
- What’s your best phrase?
- What do you think you’ll name your first child if she was a girl?
- Do you believe in soulmates? why?
- Who’s your role model and why?
- What’s the story behind your blog?
- List the 5 things you just have to do before you die
- If you were a colour, what colour would you be and why?
The Liebster Award is:
An award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so others (and me) can check out your answers!
4 thoughts on “Liebster Award :)”
I loved this! 😃 And reading some of your answers made me laugh. Thank you so much for your kind words and you deserve this award and so much more.
For the record I think I like your weirdness and what I love most is that you started no 1 as no 1 and no 2 & 10, trust me I can totally relate cos you’re not alone.
Congrats on your blog recognition, seat tight, more to come.
Nice to meet you, you can also check my blog
LikeLiked by 1 person
Heyyy Phiyahhh!! Thanks for taking the time to read!! And I definitely will x